If you are new to web design, finding the best web design software for your needs can be a bit tricky. Usually professional web designers have their favorite web design software for various design tasks. It is not easy to find the best web design software as an all-in-one solution for designing. Depending on your goal, you may need more than one web design software to achieve the desired result. Here is a list of web design software for prototyping, graphic design, interface design, and website building. Read on to find out their features and benefits.
Best software for website design
Here are some of the best software clients you can turn to for your web design needs. These will help you take charge of your design projects with relative ease.
1. Wondershare Mockitt
Wondershare Mockitt is an online collaboration and prototyping tool for web designers to create prototypes and wireframes for various interactive applications. Over 15,000 companies and 2 million users use this web page design software to improve project implementation and productivity by effortlessly co-managing and co-authoring projects. Some features of Wondershare Mockitt are –
- Prototyping – The software provides you with animated prototypes of interactive design even if you have no coding knowledge. The UI design prototypes of this web page design software can be tested on PCs and phones. You can use the interactive link feature to drag and drop links to establish a relationship between different pages of the website while viewing the final product.
- Collaboration -Wondershare Mockitt is often called the best website design software for beginners because there are so many advantages to this tool. For example, it has a one-click sharing option which allows projects to be shared with clients. The tool also allows you to manage multiple projects by assigning them to different team members.
- Discount to developer -The software has a forwarding function, which allows website developers, managers and designers to quickly find specific functions and group them all on the same page, thus making work more efficient.
2. Adobe XD
Adobe XD is one of the best free web design software for beginners. It will allow your creative teams and designers to design wireframes prototypes and present software on the web for mobile. The advantages of Adobe XD are –
- It allows you to take advantage of a library of components that can be used as a reference to implement established models, common user interface elements, and more.
- Another reason that Adobe XD is a highly preferred web page design software is its powerful prototyping functionality.
- One does not have to worry about uploading / attaching large files as this opens the prototype directly in your browser.
3. Web feed
Webflow is very popular in the web design industry with its no-code tools. Open source web design software translates your design decisions into production ready code. It makes it easy for almost anyone to build a fully functional website.
- It is a very easy to use platform, ideal for beginners.
- The software transfers design preferences into fully responsive HTML codes. This helps designers unfamiliar with coding to create a fully functional web design.
- With Webflow, you don’t have to duplicate website design for different devices. You can apply your desktop designs and find phone compatible designs on the go.
4. Axure RP
Axure RP helps many organizations to develop steam line applications and solutions. The software uses a powerful approach to application development and eliminates the mismatch between vocabulary and team skills. The advantages of the software are –
- It allows web designers to develop wireframes that can be quickly presented to clients.
- It helps web designers to collaborate quietly and create an easily portable file format.
- It also offers several support options like training videos, online forums, etc.
- It has a full set of prototyping tools that help the designer show stakeholders what the final product would look like.
WordPress has been in the web design market since 2003 and is perhaps the most popular web design software for beginners, professionals, and businesses.
- WordPress has a simple user interface. Designers can easily add new pages, text, and images. Formatting time is very reduced for WordPress.
- WordPress is browser-based software. So you can log in from any computer connected to the Internet to manage your website. WordPress blogging capabilities are very easy to integrate.
- WordPress is great for all kinds of SEO. Plus, every page and post has their own meta tag words that make for good SEO.
Sketch is the best professional web design software for managing vector files. It also comes with many different export options. Here is why you should use Sketch for the design.
- The software is 100% vector, which means that your artwork will not lose quality at all.
- Sketch allows you to draw your design once and convert it to as many high or low resolution formats as you want without damaging the edges to ruin the graphics.
- Sketch lets you use multiple pages to organize your work the way you want. It’s as easy as just dragging and dropping the things they need to do.
Web designers can greatly benefit from Figma who is one of the top clients for web design optimization. Here are some of the main reasons why Figma is popular web design software in the industry.
- The website allows you to create spreads and use them effectively to organize your library. This makes the software a very effective tool for the organization.
- It has a well organized file structure system which saves your team time and makes work more efficient.
- The website also contains style libraries and shared components, along with other references to quickly produce a cohesive design.
The Dreamweaver website was created for both advanced and beginner level designers. One can use the platform for simple and complex designs with just a point-and-click method. Here’s why Dreamweaver is so good.
- Since it is ideal for beginner / advanced users, Dreamweaver is very easy to use. It is efficient software which is ideal for web design.
- Dreamweaver will also allow you to create cohesive and consistent web pages and perform in-depth and comprehensive maintenance of your site.
- The software comes with FTP functionality, making it easy to upload changes to your website.
GIMP is open source web design and image editing software that you can use for all kinds of design tasks. The features of GIMP can easily compete with those of Adobe Photoshop, making it one of the most powerful design tools. Here is why you should choose this software.
- GIMP’s image editing feature set is very rich, making it the perfect choice for all kinds of design work.
- It is open source software, which means you will be able to use it 100% for free.
- You can also work online and integrate other design tools.
10. Balsamiq: This is a design and wireframing tool that you can turn to – if you want a product that’s fast, efficient, and easy to apply. It is a community tool that you can use for all design tasks.
- Balsamiq’s community functionality will give you inspiration and advice on the work of thousands of other users.
- This wireframing tool will also allow you to control versions and easily track changes to your website / UI.
- It’s a virtual sketchbook that will allow you to create and test mockups with great ease.
If you are new to web design or graphic design in general, these 10 software can be very useful. However, you can find the one-stop, all-in-one solution in Wondershare Mockitt. It’s a very useful tool that you can use for all kinds of design tasks, from website design to mockup design and wireframing. It is a very user-friendly, feature-rich and easy to adopt platform. With the help of Wondershare Mockitt, you and your team will be able to create beautiful websites and apps in no time.